Reading – Birmingham Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 09.12.2020
⚽ Reading – Birmingham Predictions
Reading – Birmingham Tips and Odds. December 9, 20:45 ENGLAND: Championship – Round 17.
Reading – Birmingham Preview
- Reading now boast one of the Championship’s finest records as a favourite at home (W5, L1) after they secured a fifth home win-to-nil of their current campaign. Perhaps most impressively, Reading have enjoyed margins of at least two goals in three of those five victories.
- They have room for improvement on the attacking front as far as the first 45 minutes is concerned. With just three first-half goals (albeit with a +1 goal difference) at home this Championship season against all opposition, four of those six engagements as a home favourite have produced a 0-0 HT result.
- Five of Birmingham City’s last six visits to Reading (in all competitions) have seen the HT result replicated at the final whistle, which is encouraging given that Birmingham have produced HT draws in all eight of their 2020/21 Championship away trips (0-0 x6) as part of a handy 85.71% win/draw rate (W2, D4, L1) as a travelling outsider.
- The visitors’ defending has been most admirable on the road, despite some somewhat ineffective attacking (such as an average of fewer than three shots on target per away game) contributing to all but one of their eight Championship away fixtures producing two or fewer total goals.
- Players to watch: Yakou Méïté has scored in each of his last four appearances against Birmingham in all competitions, with Reading’s opening goal thrice.
- With his match winner at the weekend, Harlee Dean became Birmingham’s second player to open the scoring twice this Championship season.
- Hot stat: Three of the five opening goals scored or conceded by Birmingham away from home have been recorded after the first 60 minutes.
|Head-to-head matches: READING – BIRMINGHAM|
|07.03.20||CHA||Birmingham||Reading||1 : 3|
|07.12.19||CHA||Reading||Birmingham||2 : 3|
|05.05.19||CHA||Reading||Birmingham||0 : 0|
|23.10.18||CHA||Birmingham||Reading||2 : 1|
|14.08.18||EFL||Reading||Birmingham||2 : 0|
ENGLAND: Championship – Round 17
Reading – Birmingham
Kick-off: December 9, 20:45
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals