Reading – Blackburn Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 02.03.2021
⚽ Reading – Blackburn Predictions
Reading – Blackburn Tips and Odds. March 2, 21:00 ENGLAND: Championship – Round 34.
Reading – Blackburn Preview
- Promotion-chasing Reading put back-to-back defeats behind them with a 1-0 win at Rotherham, and remain firm contenders for a top-six berth. Victory here would secure back-to-back competitive wins for the first time since October, but whilst they are sportsbook favourites here, Reading possess just a 56.25% win-rate as league match favourites.
- No Championship stadium has seen a higher proportion of league games end with over 2.5 total goals than the Madjeski (68.75%), with the Royals’ turf witnessing 2.75 goals per match on average this term. Consequently, Reading are the only side yet to draw a home league game (W9, L7), but have lost two of their last three games here after scoring first.
- Blackburn Rovers look destined for a mid-table finish, as they nurse a six-game winless run ahead of this fixture (D1, L5). Fans will hope for a repeat of the bounce-back following their last six-game winless run under Tony Mowbray, which ended with a stunning 5-0 away win in the seventh game!
- The first goal will be crucial for Blackburn’s success here, as all five of their away league victories have come without reply, whilst four also saw a 2+ goal margin. However, they’ve recovered just one of a possible 30 points when conceding the opener (D1, L9), and won as outsiders away from home just once so far (W1, D1, L5).
- Players to watch: Reading top-scorer Lucas João (17 goals) has scored in three of his last five home appearances, with that haul including two match openers. No Championship player has contributed a higher proportion of his team’s goals than Blackburn’s Adam Armstrong (41.03% of total), though they’ve lost in his last two goalscoring appearances.
- Hot stat: Eight of Tony Mowbray’s ten personal H2Hs with Reading have seen both teams score with over 2.5 total goals.
|Head-to-head matches: READING – BLACKBURN|
|27.10.20||CHA||Blackburn||Reading||2 : 4|
|18.07.20||CHA||Blackburn||Reading||4 : 3|
|21.09.19||CHA||Reading||Blackburn||1 : 2|
|13.02.19||CHA||Reading||Blackburn||2 : 1|
|22.08.18||CHA||Blackburn||Reading||2 : 2|
ENGLAND: Championship – Round 34
Reading – Blackburn
Kick-off: March 2, 21:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals