Reading – Coventry Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 10.12.2022
⚽ Reading – Coventry Predictions
Reading – Coventry Predictions and Tips and Odds for December 10, 15:00 CHAMPIONSHIP.
Reading – Coventry Preview
- The World Cup break arguably came at a bad time for Reading who would have been eager to build some momentum after they snatched an injury-time winner at Hull (2-1) in their last Championship outing. Manager Paul Ince did say following that game that it was “great” to go into the break on a positive note. after his side previously put together a poor run of four league games without a win (D1, L3).
- Despite that disappointing recent streak, the Royals currently loiter in the relative safety of mid-table and look on course to avoid the relegation dogfight of last season. Key in Reading’s improvements this season has been their home form, and coming into the round there are only three sides who have picked up more home league points than them (19 – W6, D1, L3). It shouldn’t be ignored that the Berkshire side have conceded two goals in two of their last three home matches though (W1, L2), especially as Coventry came to this stadium back in February and scored three times en route to victory (3-2).
- The visitors start the gameweek with the same number of points as their hosts, but on a better upward trajectory after winning their last four Championship matches. However their on-the-pitch form has been overshadowed during the break with the news the club have been issued with an eviction notice by the new owners of the Coventry Building Society Arena. As it stands, Coventry won’t be able to use the ground beyond 2023 unless a new licence is agreed upon.
- It will be the job of manager Mark Robins to quieten the external noise around the club and focus on keeping that winning feeling going. Defensive dominance is likely to be pivotal to doing that given Coventry have kept a clean sheet in all eight of their victories this season. That’s contributed to them having the meanest defensive record in the league ahead of the round (GA:18).
- Players to watch: Reading’s Lucas João, who has struck all four of his league goals at home this season, opened the scoring in the last H2H. Coventry midfielder Gustavo Hamer will also have fond memories of that game as his two assists helped his side go on to secure victory. He also boasts four goal contributions across his last seven league appearances (G3, A1).
- Hot stat: Both teams have scored in just six of Coventry’s league games this season; coming out of the break that’s the second-lowest total in the division.
ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 22
Reading – Coventry
Kick-off: December 10, 15:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals
Odds: [email protected]
✅ BUY BWIN PREDICTIONS NOW!
📊 OUR ARCHIVE TIPS HERE