Reading – Wycombe Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 20.10.2020
⚽ Reading – Wycombe Predictions
Reading – Wycombe Tips and Odds. October 20, 20:00 ENGLAND: Championship – Round 6.
Reading – Wycombe Preview
- Though still unbeaten (W4, D1) after conceding just once this term, Reading saw their perfect start ended with a goalless draw at Middlesbrough. Should Reading win, it will be the first time since November 2019 that they have registered three consecutive home league victories.
- Moreover, the last time they started a campaign with three home victories, they went on to finish in fourth (2008/09). Overall, they look primed to do so, having never lost at home vs Wycombe Wanderers (W4, D1 – 2.4 average total goals).
- Wycombe are yet to register a point, and only scored their first goal of the season last time out following a 369-minute wait. Not just blunt but open at the back, Wycombe have shipped more than any other Championship side (2.4 per-match) though they have only trailed at HT twice (HT: W1, D2, L2).
- Across all tiers, the ‘Chairboys’ have failed to score in seven of their last nine regular season away games whilst losing eight (W1). Notably, seven of the eight defeats within that sequence came with a 2+ goal margin, whilst five saw them trail at both HT/FT.
- As a result of being continually outclassed, Wycombe are the only newly-promoted side across the last 15 years not to register a single point after five Championship games.
- Players to watch: Yakou Méïté averaged a goal every three league games (0.32) for Reading since 2018/19. He scored one in four his term in their opening home game.
- Scott Kashket scored Wycombe’s first ever Championship goal last time out, a ninth minute opener in an eventual 2-1 defeat.
- Hot stat: Reading have lost just one of their last 12 league games vs newly-promoted opposition (W6, D5, L1), whilst winning four of six at home (W4, D1, L1). Notably, four of those six overall victories came without reply.
|Head-to-head matches: READING – WYCOMBE|
|13.08.19||EFL||Wycombe||Reading||1 : 2 (1 : 1)|
|26.07.14||CF||Wycombe||Reading||0 : 2|
|13.07.13||CF||Wycombe||Reading||1 : 3|
|26.02.02||LO||Wycombe||Reading||0 : 2|
|22.09.01||LO||Reading||Wycombe||2 : 0|