Reims – Lorient Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 19.09.2021
⚽ Reims – Lorient Predictions
Reims – Lorient Tips and Odds. September 19, 14:00 FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 6.
Reims – Lorient Preview
- A huge 2-0 victory away to European qualification hopefuls Rennes last time out gave Reims their first Ligue 1 (L1) win of the season, and snapped their winless run of 12 top-flight matches without claiming all three points. Despite that brief relief though, the hosts will need another big showing here as they’ve now gone 11 L1 home games without victory (D7, L4), the club’s longest ever such run in top-flight history.
- Conceding at least two goals in each of their last three L1 home games (D1, L2), a lack of defensive recruits during the summer transfer window may have seen much of the hope Reims fans would have previously held for their side making another push for European football this season dissipate.
- Visiting Lorient have made their best start to a L1 season since 2012/13 by picking up eight points from a possible 15 (W2, D2, L1) to kick off their campaign. Their fans will be equally buoyed by the fact they’ve now won the last five H2Hs, keeping three clean sheets in the process, something they might be expecting again here given their solid defensive summer recruits.
- What will be worrying for the visitors however, is that they haven’t won any of their previous 18 L1 away games (D9, L9), although, ironically, their last away victory came against Reims back in October (3-1). In fact, this is their longest top-flight away drought since between August 2011 and August 2012, but confidence will have been potentially lifted by the fact they’ve now lost just one of their last four L1 away games (D3).
- Players to watch: Reims’ Ilan Kebbal has started this L1 campaign strongly, returning a goal and two assists in five top-flight matches. Likewise, Lorient’s Terem Moffi has returned two goals and two assists in five L1 appearances so far this season.
- Hot stat: Lorient have already picked up 18 yellow cards and two red in five L1 matches.
FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 6
Reims – Lorient
Kick-off: September 19, 14:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals