Rotherham – Preston Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 14.03.2023
⚽ Rotherham – Preston Predictions
Rotherham – Preston Predictions and Tips and Odds for March 14, 20:45 CHAMPIONSHIP.
Rotherham – Preston Preview
- Rotherham failed to build upon a haul of seven points from three Championship games last round after falling to a 2-0 loss at Birmingham on Saturday, though with an eight point gap from the bottom-three heading into this round they’re not yet in peril. Both goals were conceded before half-time, leaving coach Matt Taylor “disappointed” despite it being just the second time across ten Championship matches that they failed to keep a first-half clean sheet.
- Spirits should be high when returning to the New York Stadium as the Millers have lost only once here since Christmas (W3, D2) including wins in their two most recent appearances. Whilst they haven’t posted three straight Championship home wins since January 2016, twin 2-1 wins over Preston North End in their last two home league H2Hs raises hopes of breaking that jinx.
- Preston won’t fold out easily though, as they carry an unbeaten six-game league streak themselves (W2, D4) following a 2-0 win over Cardiff on Saturday. That left them just outside the top-ten after the last round and manager Ryan Lowe wants to “win as many games as we possibly can” in a late play-off push. They may have to start finding more goals though, as the Lilywhites recorded just three multiple goal hauls across their last 14 league matches contributing to a season average of 0.89 goals per game.
- On a similar note, the reverse fixture was also a goalless draw, while the visitors have failed to score in their last three road trips (D2, L1), further raising doubts over their ability to break that duck. Preston won’t have to look far for winning inspiration though, as they won four of their five Championship away games (L1) prior to this three-game barren run.
- Players to watch: Jordan Hugill recorded Rotherham’s opening goal in their last home game and could be a lucky charm here, having not lost any of his last six personal Championship H2H appearances (W2, D4). Meanwhile, Ched Evans scored Preston’s last goal and has three from two scoring league appearances against Rotherham, both times netting his side’s final strike.
- Hot stat: Rotherham (3.81) and Preston (3.92) average the lowest number of corners won in this campaign.
ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 37
Rotherham – Preston
Kick-off: March 14, 20:45
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals
Odds: [email protected]
✅ BUY BWIN PREDICTIONS NOW!
📊 OUR ARCHIVE TIPS HERE