Rotherham – Reading Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 27.02.2021
⚽ Rotherham – Reading Predictions
Rotherham – Reading Tips and Odds. February 27, 16:00 ENGLAND: Championship – Round 33.
Rotherham – Reading Preview
- After starting 2021 in promising fashion, it’s all gone to waste with Rotherham recording four straight Championship defeats – all by a one-goal margin – which has dragged the ‘Millers’ straight back into the relegation zone. They’ve now registered three more losses after 30 games than they did when they were last relegated (17 vs 14) and that could increase here against a Reading side that’s won four of the last six H2Hs.
- Whilst their Championship loss rate at home is a depressing 53.33%, the hosts’ average of 1.33 goals scored per home league match actually puts them in the top half for that metric. That hasn’t, however, stopped them from losing four of the last six games held here (W1, D1, L4) during a period that saw Rotherham concede before HT on four occasions.
- Reading are also enduring their own form slump having lost four of their previous five games (W1), a run that is threatening to throw them out of the top six if it can’t be turned around soon. Furthermore, the Royals’ last three league games against current bottom four teams didn’t end well either (D1, L2).
- A 75% unbeaten rate on the road this Championship campaign shows they’re tough to beat (W6, D6, L4), although worryingly, Reading have failed to score in three of their last four away games (W1, D2, L1). When they do manage to hit the net first it usually works in their favour, with Reading winning five of six away league games in which they scored the opener (L1).
- Players to watch: Michael Smith’s last five Championship goals for Rotherham were scored in the second half, which could be useful as he faces Lucas João who scored first in Reading’s last away win, one of seven match openers he’s netted this Championship campaign.
- Hot stat: The game’s eventual winner has led at HT in six of Rotherham’s last eight matches, five times by a 1-0 scoreline.
|Head-to-head matches: ROTHERHAM – READING|
|24.10.20||CHA||Reading||Rotherham||3 : 0|
|23.02.19||CHA||Reading||Rotherham||1 : 1|
|15.12.18||CHA||Rotherham||Reading||1 : 1|
|17.04.17||CHA||Reading||Rotherham||2 : 1|
|22.10.16||CHA||Rotherham||Reading||0 : 1|
ENGLAND: Championship – Round 33
Rotherham – Reading
Kick-off: February 27, 16:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals