Rotherham – Sheffield Wed Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 28.10.2020
⚽ Rotherham – Sheffield Wed Predictions
Rotherham – Sheffield Wed Tips and Odds. October 28, 20:45 ENGLAND: Championship – Round 8.
Rotherham – Sheffield Wed Preview
- Struggling Rotherham United have won just once since their return to the Championship (W1, D3, L3). Curiously, the ‘Millers’ have scored the opener in five of their seven league games so far, but dropped nine points after doing so (W1, D3, L1). Additionally, they are three points worse off than this stage of their last relegation campaign.
- What’s more, Rotherham manager Paul Warne is yet to win in five meetings with Sheffield Wednesday (D2, L3). Two defeats came at home, whilst all three came without reply. Moreover, Warne has lost all three of his prior meetings with opposite number Garry Monk, with each seeing Rotherham concede exactly three goals and lose by a 2+ goal margin.
- Visiting Sheffield Wednesday remained adrift at the foot of the table following a 1-0 defeat to Luton (and a 12-point deduction). This game could already be viewed as a must win in order to stay up come season end, and Garry Monk knows this opposition well, facing them with three different sides before this appointment, winning each time whilst scoring 2+ goals in four!
- The ‘Owls’ also boast a strong overall record across their last 12 league games vs newly-promoted opposition (W6, D3, L3), seven of which saw both sides score. Notably though, all defeats in this sequence came away from home (Away: W1, D2, L3), whilst a 2-2 draw at Rotherham in 2018/19 is also included.
- Players to watch: Freddie Ladapo was the latest Rotherham player to score an opener at home (2-1). He has averaged 0.41 goals per game across his last 37 league appearances.
- Wednesday’s Elias Kachunga has scored in both of his prior Championship appearances vs Rotherham.
- Hot streak: Rotherham are winless in ten straight league Yorkshire derbies (D5, L5) since League One in 2017/18. Moreover, they have not bested Wednesday in a home league game since 1975/76 (D3, L9).
|Head-to-head matches: ROTHERHAM – SHEFFIELD WED|
|28.08.19||EFL||Rotherham||Sheffield Wed||0 : 1|
|16.02.19||CHA||Rotherham||Sheffield Wed||2 : 2|
|08.12.18||CHA||Sheffield Wed||Rotherham||2 : 2|
|04.04.17||CHA||Rotherham||Sheffield Wed||0 : 2|
|17.12.16||CHA||Sheffield Wed||Rotherham||1 : 0|
ENGLAND: Championship – Round 8
Rotherham – Sheffield Wed
Kick-off: October 28, 20:45
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals