Salzburg – Villarreal Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 18.02.2021
⚽ Salzburg – Villarreal Predictions
Salzburg – Villarreal Tips and Odds. February 18, 21:00 Europa League – Play Offs – 1/16-finals.
Salzburg – Villarreal Preview
- Salzburg parachuted into the UEFA Europa League (UEL) knockouts after an unsuccessful UEFA Champions League campaign, albeit one that entertained as their group matches averaged an exciting 4.5 goals per fixture. There could be more of the same here as the last time they met Villarreal in the UEL Round-of-32 there were goals in both halves as both teams scored in each leg.
- Ultimately the Austrians lost that tie, but enter this match as favourites in the wake of winning all six games they’ve played this calendar year after netting an average of 2.83 goals per fixture. Participating in a joint-record tenth UEL campaign proper, Salzburg have decent pedigree in this competition too, and are impressively unbeaten in their previous seven UEL home knockout games (W5, D2).
- However, their last home loss in the UEL knockouts came in a 3-1 defeat vs none-other-than Villarreal! That remains the Spaniards only European away win vs Austrian opposition though (W1, D1, L2), and with just one win from the Yellow Submarine’s last seven competitive matches at all venues (W1, D5, L1 – 90 minutes only) that may remain the case.
- With a record 80 games played in the UEL proper – and a record 43 wins – Villarreal made light work of their UEL group (W5, D1), thanks to second-half displays that saw them turn four HT draws into FT victory. However, they scored under 1.5 goals in two of three UEL road trips (W2, D1), something they’ve also done in four of their previous five competitive away games (W2, D3 – 90 minutes only).
- Players to watch: Patson Daka has scored in four of Salzburg’s six games in 2021, three times before HT. Villarreal have their own in-form striker in Gerard Moreno who’s scored their last three goals, twice netting before HT.
- Hot stat: Only two of Salzburg’s 16 previous matches against Spanish opposition produced a goalless first half.
|Head-to-head matches: SALZBURG – VILLARREAL|
|26.02.15||EL||Salzburg||Villarreal||1 : 3|
|19.02.15||EL||Villarreal||Salzburg||2 : 1|
|17.12.09||EL||Villarreal||Salzburg||0 : 1|
|01.10.09||EL||Salzburg||Villarreal||2 : 0|
Europa League – Play Offs – 1/16-finals
Salzburg – Villarreal
Kick-off: February 18, 21:00
Prediction: Under 3.5 Goals