Sheffield Utd – Birmingham Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 07.08.2021
⚽ Sheffield Utd – Birmingham Predictions
Sheffield Utd – Birmingham Tips and Odds. August 7, 20:00 ENGLAND: Championship – Round 1.
Sheffield Utd – Birmingham Preview
- Fans of Sheffield United will be hoping their club’s 133rd season in existence goes better than their 132nd, which saw the blunt ‘Blades’ relegated following a terrible start where they failed to win any of their opening 17 league games in what was the worst-ever season start in Premier League history. Not much has changed player-wise since their relegation, and so new boss Slaviša Jokanović – the club’s first-ever overseas manager – will hope the side he’s inherited can get his tenure off to a winning start.
- He’ll be aware of United’s tendency to start a new Championship season slowly though, as seen by the sole opening day win the Yorkshire outfit have achieved across their last six second-tier seasons (W1, D3, L2). They trail the all-time H2H against their visitors too (W42, D22, L46), in an astonishing series of matches that goes back to 1892 – three years before the radio was invented!
- It was a season to forget for Birmingham City, who finished 2020/21 as the division’s joint-second lowest scorers averaging only 0.80 goals per game in what was their lowest average across the last 15 seasons. In fact they ended that campaign by conceding 4+ goals in consecutive games – the first time they’ve done that in the Championship since 2015.
- That coupled with a disappointing pre-season may have Birmingham fans feeling pessimistic for the new season. There were some positives at the end of 2020/21 though, as the ‘Blues’ managed to take a lead at some point during the match in their final three away games of the season (W2, L1).
- Players to watch: Sheffield’s previous three home wins all saw David McGoldrick net the game’s sole goal within 30 minutes of kick-off. Lukas Jutkiewicz ended last season as Birmingham’s top league scorer with eight goals, the last four of which arrived after HT.
- Hot streak: Each of Birmingham’s last four Championship games witnessed more goals than cards!
ENGLAND: Championship – Round 1
Sheffield Utd – Birmingham
Kick-off: August 7, 20:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals