Sheffield Wed – Cardiff Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 04.04.2021
⚽ Sheffield Wed – Cardiff Predictions
Sheffield Wed – Cardiff Tips and Odds. April 5, 17:30 ENGLAND: Championship – Round 40.
Sheffield Wed – Cardiff Preview
- Easter Monday’s Championship action ends with an important clash at both ends of the table as Sheffield Wednesday attempt to secure their first league double over Cardiff City since 1983/84. However, Wednesday have picked up a league-low four points across the last ten rounds (W1, D1, L8), and need a win as they sit seven points from safety as a result.
- Despite their outsider status for this, the ‘Owls’ have avoided defeat in six of nine such Championship home games this term (W4, D2, L3). However they are currently winless in four outings here, despite scoring the opening goal in two of the three home games under Darren Moore’s stewardship (D1, L2).
- Defeat against Nottingham last time out has left a significant dent in Cardiff’s top-six hopes, although that was just their second defeat during the Mick McCarthy era (W8, D5, L2). Often quickly away, only three sides have won more league games at both HT/FT than Cardiff’s 12 ahead of this round, which includes each of their last four wins.
- Cardiff’s away form needs no resurrection as they are yet to be beaten in 2021 (W5, D3), although impressively, they have come back from the dead to avoid defeat when trailing at HT in more away games than any other Championship side (W1, D3, L3).However, coupon-busting Cardiff have won just 44.44% of the games they’ve started as away league favourites this term (W4, D2, L3).
- Players to watch: Wednesday’s Jordan Rhodes (six league goals) has scored three goals across his last four appearances, including two openers – one more will secure his finest scoring league season since 2015/16. Kieffer Moore has contributed 29.1% of Cardiff’s league goals this season (16), and netted in a 2-1 win vs Wednesday last season.
- Hot stat: Cardiff boss McCarthy is unbeaten in nine away personal H2Hs with Wednesday (W4, D5) – both teams scored in eight of those.
|Head-to-head matches: SHEFFIELD WED – CARDIFF|
|12.09.20||CHA||Cardiff||Sheffield Wed||0 : 2|
|29.12.19||CHA||Sheffield Wed||Cardiff||1 : 2|
|18.10.19||CHA||Cardiff||Sheffield Wed||1 : 1|
|20.01.18||CHA||Sheffield Wed||Cardiff||0 : 0|
|16.09.17||CHA||Cardiff||Sheffield Wed||1 : 1|
ENGLAND: Championship – Round 40
Sheffield Wed – Cardiff
Kick-off: April 4, 17:30
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals