Sheffield Wed – Huddersfield Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 16.03.2021
⚽ Sheffield Wed – Huddersfield Predictions
Sheffield Wed – Huddersfield Tips and Odds. March 17, 20:45 ENGLAND: Championship – Round 37.
Sheffield Wed – Huddersfield Preview
- The task of staying in the Championship seems to have overwhelmed Sheffield Wednesday who, after making up a -6 points deduction, have lost seven consecutive games, netting on average 0.57 goals per-game in this run. Still in with a shot of survival, the ‘Owls’ need to wise up here in order to turnaround a two-game H2H winless and goalless streak (D1, L1).
- However, Wednesday are goalless in just one of their last ten home league matches and have won ‘to nil’ in four of these ten games. With five home games left to play, the ‘Owls’ need to tighten up as they’ve shipped a post-61st minute goal in each of their last three home games. A possible flashpoint, Wednesday have shipped six home league goals in this period of play.
- Unbeaten in three games, Huddersfield Town are clear of the relegation zone, but have won just two of their last 14 league matches (W2, D4, L8), and despite winning 1-0 away in their last match, have only had consecutive wins twice this season.
- That 1-0 win also represents the Terriers’ first away win since late-October and having failed to win in five straight trips to Hillsborough, Huddersfield have work to do here. Yet, even if Huddersfield score first, their away form when scoring the first goal (W3, L3) does little to build confidence of an out-and-out win for the visitors.
- Players to watch: Wednesday’s Jordan Rhodes scored a seventh minute goal last time out and faces his former team here who Rhodes has scored six career goals against. Huddersfield’s Fraizer Campbell meanwhile, has three career goals himself and has netted a first-half goal in two of his last three visits to Hillsborough.
- Hot stat: Just one of their last eight H2H matches – a play-off leg – saw both teams score.
|Head-to-head matches: SHEFFIELD WED – HUDDERSFIELD|
|08.12.20||CHA||Huddersfield||Sheffield Wed||2 : 0|
|14.07.20||CHA||Sheffield Wed||Huddersfield||0 : 0|
|15.09.19||CHA||Huddersfield||Sheffield Wed||0 : 2|
|17.05.17||CHA||Sheffield Wed||Huddersfield||1 : 2 (1 : 1)|
|14.05.17||CHA||Huddersfield||Sheffield Wed||0 : 0|
ENGLAND: Championship – Round 37
Sheffield Wed – Huddersfield
Kick-off: March 16, 20:45
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals