Sheffield Wed – Millwall Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 07.11.2020
⚽ Sheffield Wed – Millwall Predictions
Sheffield Wed – Millwall Tips and Odds. November 7, 16:00 ENGLAND: Championship – Round 11.
Sheffield Wed – Millwall Preview
- Sheffield Wednesday ended a run of four consecutive Championship defeats with a victory last time out, yet they’re still in the midst of their worst ten-game start since 2013 and remain adrift at the foot of the table after a points deduction. Despite their fairly poor recent record, their fixtures have often been tight. Eight of their ten games have produced under 2.5 goals, whilst five of the previous six were settled by way of a one-goal margin.
- That victory over Bournemouth on Tuesday night also handed the ‘Owls’ their first home victory following a winless run of ten league matches (D4, L6). That said, it did continue a run of 18 home league fixtures in which they’ve failed to score more than a single goal. Of potential significance though, is that six of their previous nine scored home goals arrived after HT.
- It’s been a much better start to the season for Millwall (W4, D4, L2) and at first glance, their defence has been their most impressive aspect. Only five sides have conceded fewer goals than their total of eight, although it’s worth noting that only seven sides have faced more shots on average per game so far (11.8).
- The ‘Lions’ have lost only one of their previous five league matches on the road – winning three (D1, L1). Notably, all six of their goals during that sequence arrived after HT. They are, however, winless in six matches at Hillsborough though (D3, L3), conceding 2+ goals in four.
- Players to watch: Sheffield’s Barry Bannan picked up his second goal of the season in Tuesday’s victory – both have come from the penalty spot.
- Millwall’s Jed Wallace has scored four league goals already this season, and three of those efforts arrived after HT in away fixtures.
- Hot stat: There’s been a combined four red cards across Sheffield’s previous four matches – three of which were shown to an ‘Owls’ player.
|Head-to-head matches: SHEFFIELD WED – MILLWALL|
|01.02.20||CHA||Sheffield Wed||Millwall||0 : 0|
|17.08.19||CHA||Millwall||Sheffield Wed||1 : 0|
|12.02.19||CHA||Millwall||Sheffield Wed||0 : 0|
|22.08.18||CHA||Sheffield Wed||Millwall||2 : 1|
|20.02.18||CHA||Millwall||Sheffield Wed||2 : 1|
ENGLAND: Championship – Round 11
Sheffield Wed – Millwall
Kick-off: November 7, 16:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals