Sheffield Wed – Preston Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 30.01.2021
⚽ Sheffield Wed – Preston Predictions
Sheffield Wed – Preston Tips and Odds. January 30, 16:00 ENGLAND: Championship – Round 27.
Sheffield Wed – Preston Preview
- Concluding a four-game unbeaten league run with a 2-0 midweek loss, Sheffield Wednesday have now scored the league’s fewest goals (15) and have failed to net in 45.83% of their matches. They subsequently remain the only Championship team yet to score in both halves, and have lost every match when behind at HT (L6).
- Despite this, the managerless ‘Owls’ have lost just one of their last eight home league matches and have won three straight home games. Moreover, they registered five clean sheets during this period, and have netted first for five consecutive matches here. However this H2H doesn’t bring happy memories – they lost both the reverse fixture (1-0) and the last home H2H (3-1) to make it four meetings without a win.
- Playing out the league’s joint-fewest draws (W11, D3, L12), Preston North End are embroiled in the mid-table mire as manager Alex Neil looks to break a three-season run of drawing 1-1 on matchday 27. That looks possible considering Preston’s last seven Championship matches have seen one or no team get on the scoresheet, with all seven featuring under 2.5 goals.
- Whilst Preston proved tough visitors early in the season, the ‘Lilywhites’ have lost six of their last ten competitive awaydays. Moreover, Preston netted over 1.5 goals in just two of those fixtures, and have scored over 1.5 goals in just three of their last ten historic visits to Hillsborough (W3, D1, L6), nabbing an average 1.30 goals per H2H.
- Players to watch: Defender Callum Paterson has scored in three of Wednesday’s last five games, twice netting the opener. He’ll have to keep an eye on Preston forward Scott Sinclair though, who hasn’t lost a career game versus Wednesday (W3, D3) and equalised in his last visit here.
- Hot stat: The last four H2Hs here featured under 9.5 corners. That’s notable as both Wednesday (3.71) and Preston (4.15) have averaged under 4.5 corners per Championship game.
|Head-to-head matches: SHEFFIELD WED – PRESTON|
|21.11.20||CHA||Preston||Sheffield Wed||1 : 0|
|08.07.20||CHA||Sheffield Wed||Preston||1 : 3|
|24.08.19||CHA||Preston||Sheffield Wed||2 : 1|
|27.04.19||CHA||Preston||Sheffield Wed||3 : 3|
|22.12.18||CHA||Sheffield Wed||Preston||1 : 0|
ENGLAND: Championship – Round 27
Sheffield Wed – Preston
Kick-off: January 20, 16:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals
Odds: [email protected]
✅ BUY BWIN PREDICTIONS NOW!
📊 OUR ARCHIVE TIPS HERE