Slovakia – Belarus Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 25.09.2022
⚽ Slovakia – Belarus Predictions
Slovakia – Belarus Predictions and Tips and Odds for September 25, 17:00 UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE.
Slovakia – Belarus Preview
- Slovakia can neither earn promotion from UEFA Nations League (UNL) Group C3 nor suffer relegation so their final group game against a Belarus side heading for the relegation play-outs has little riding on it. A win, coupled with Kazakhstan beating Azerbaijan would see Slovakia finish a UNL group stage in second place though, which is something they’ve never done before.
- New manager Francesco Calzona took charge against Azerbaijan (L 2-1) in what was his first ever game as a head coach having previously worked as an assistant to Maurizio Sarri and Luciano Spalletti. As he chases his first win, this game being played in neutral Serbia might not inconvenience them too much as they’ve won three of their last four games on foreign soil ‘to nil’ (L1), including against Belarus in nearby Novi Sad in June.
- While they can’t do anything about their league position after going down 2-1 to Kazakhstan, Belarus will have a long time to plan for the relegation play-outs, scheduled for March 2024, when they’ll try to avoid dropping into Group D. After winning at least three matches in both previous editions, they could finish this group stage without a victory (D2, L3).
- Having to play all their games on foreign soil following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine has contributed to that decline – although it’s also the reason this game is being played in Serbia as Belarus aren’t allowed to enter Slovakia – and they last won a competitive away fixture in September 2020 (D1, L8 since). That was also their last UNL win as the designated away side too, so victory here would be breaking another poor run (D1, L3)
- Players to watch: Both of Erik Jirka’s goals for Slovakia came after the 70th minute following his injury-time penalty against Azerbaijan, while Belarus’ Pavel Savitskiy has scored three times between the 25th and 50th minute across his last five outings for club and country
- Hot streak: None of Belarus’ last seven UNL away games witnessed a goalless second half.
UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE – LEAGUE C – ROUND 6
Slovakia – Belarus
Kick-off: September 25, 17:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals