Sparta Prague – Lille Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 22.10.2020
⚽ Sparta Prague – Lille Predictions
Sparta Prague – Lille Tips and Odds. October 22, 20:00 Europa League – Group Stage – Round 1.
Sparta Prague – Lille Preview
- Sparta Prague’s best start to a top-flight season since 2011/12 has been derailed somewhat due to a suspension of professional football (with limited training) in the Czech Republic because of the Covid-19 situation, with some of the squad also testing positive. With that unfortunate timing heading into this encounter, it seems unlikely that Sparta will improve their record versus French clubs in European competition (W2, D3, L4).
- The hosts could still be formidable opponents though, considering they’ve lost just one UEFA Europa League (UEL) group stage home game in their history (W11, D6, L1), and have won ten straight competitive games at home. Strong from start to finish, Sparta were leading at HT in eight of those ten recent victories, and netted the opener by the 15th minute in four.
- They face an opponent in form though, with Lille traveling here after thrashing Lens 4-0 to go top of Ligue 1 (L1), as they enjoy their best start to a new top-flight campaign since 1949/50. In fact, Lille remain the only side yet to concede before HT this L1 season, although that’s in stark contrast to their last five UEL games, all of which saw Lille concede in the first half (D2, L3).
- Whilst this is Lille’s fourth appearance at this stage – a joint-national record – they’ve won just one group stage away game (W1, D4, L4). They’ll therefore need to channel their current form to justify their favourites tag here, which has seen them score first in eight of their last nine competitive away fixtures (W6, D2, L1 – 90 minutes only).
- Players to watch: Lukáš Juliš has scored in five of Sparta’s six top-flight games this season, netting the opener in three. Meanwhile, Burak Yılmaz has scored in Lille’s last three games, twice after the 60th minute.
- Hot stat: Sparta’s last three UEL fixtures averaged 2.33 match goals after the 60th minute. Their last six competitive games all saw at least one goal during this period too.
Europa League – Group Stage – Round 1
Sparta Prague – Lille
Kick-off: October 22, 20:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals