Spezia – Lecce Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 08.01.2023
⚽ Spezia – Lecce Predictions
Spezia – Lecce Predictions and Tips and Odds for January 8, 15:00 SERIE A.
- Spezia returned to Serie A (SA) action in entertaining fashion as they raced into a 2-0 lead against Atalanta before half-time, only to be forced to settle for a point after a spirited fightback from their visitors. Manager Luca Gotti then used his post-match interviews to plead for help in the transfer market, stating “something must be done” to help his relegation threatened outfit.
- The boss’ concerns appear valid, as despite a three-match unbeaten streak either side of the World Cup (W1, D2), Spezia sit just one place above the SA relegation zone. The Eagles’ gap to the bottom three is now just five points, so a return to home comforts will be welcome as they look to pull clear of danger, with Gotti’s men having won 11 of their 14 points on home soil.
- Lecce will head into this first-ever top flight H2H meeting with Spezia in fine spirits, after coming from behind to beat Lazio 2-1 on their return to SA. That made it three wins in a row for the Wolves, two of which came against sides in the top seven, a clear sign they’re settling back into life in SA.
- Head coach Marco Baroni urged his side to think about their ‘daily work’ rather than the table though, with Lecce just two points adrift of the top half after the latest round of fixtures. Even so, moving even further up the standings appears a distinct possibility here, as they’ve won their last two meetings with Spezia.
- Key battle: Spezia forward M’Bala Nzola is averaging a goal every 149.4 minutes in all competitions this season. He’ll be facing off against rejuvenated Lecce defender Samuel Umtiti, who has lost just one of his five starts in SA this term (W2, D2).
- Hot stat: Both Spezia and Lecce have only kept one clean sheet in SA this season, the joint second-worst record in the division.
Spezia – Lecce Preview
ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 17
Spezia – Lecce
Kick-off: January 8, 15:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals