Stoke – Brentford Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 24.10.2020
⚽ Stoke – Brentford Predictions
Stoke – Brentford Tips and Odds. October 24, 15:00 ENGLAND: Championship – Round 7.
Stoke – Brentford Preview
- Stoke City are showing some real resilience under Michael O’Neill, having equalised from a losing scoreline three times in their last three matches. Yet, despite keeping ten home clean sheets since O’Neill’s arrival, Stoke have shipped exactly two goals in six home games over the same timespan, doing so twice this season.
- With the hosts’ 1-0 win in last season’s corresponding fixture amongst them, each of Stoke’s last four clean-sheet home league wins have seen the decider arrive before HT. The Potters’ cause is further boosted by a strong 60% win rate across home league games entered as betting outsiders since the start of 2019/20.
- Having scored two or more goals in 70.0% of their ten games in all competitions thus far (90-mins: W5, D3, L2), Brentford look like worthy opponents. Furthermore, Brentford have scored first in four consecutive games, lending more significance to the fact that a whopping 72.73% of the last 11 H2Hs in all competitions have produced under 2.5 total match goals.
- Brentford are enjoying a four-game unbeaten away run in all competitions, but will know that they haven’t stung Stoke in any of their 13 historical away H2Hs since 1936 (D4, L9), losing on four of their last five trips to the Potteries. In addition, visiting manager Thomas Frank has seen his team lose by one-goal margins in three of his last five Championship awaydays.
- Players to watch: Stoke’s Nick Powell has scored in two of his last three league appearances, and having recently scored a header, will know Brentford conceded a header last time out.
- Brentford’s Ivan Toney has scored for four straight league appearances, and has netted a one-half brace in each of his last three matches.
- Hot stat: Going back to August 2019, each of Stoke’s last nine home league defeats have seen them concede exactly once beyond the hour mark.
|Head-to-head matches: STOKE – BRENTFORD|
|18.07.20||CHA||Stoke||Brentford||1 : 0|
|04.01.20||FAC||Brentford||Stoke||1 : 0|
|21.09.19||CHA||Brentford||Stoke||0 : 0|
|12.01.19||CHA||Brentford||Stoke||3 : 1|
|11.08.18||CHA||Stoke||Brentford||1 : 1|