Stoke – Luton Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 20.02.2021
⚽ Stoke – Luton Predictions
Stoke – Luton Tips and Odds. February 20, 16:00 ENGLAND: Championship – Round 31.
Stoke – Luton Preview
- A 1-0 victory last time around marked Stoke City’s first win in ten Championship matches (W1, D6, L3), and renewed their flickering top-six hopes. Defensive strengths will be important, as the ‘Potters’ have landed a 46.67% rate of clean sheets in this Championship campaign.
- Stoke’s home form this calendar year has been poor (W1, D1, L2), and with two-thirds of Stoke’s 30 Championship matches across all venues producing under 2.5 total goals, there is little room for error. Furthermore, ten of Stoke’s 11 Championship home games won/lost have produced a single-goal margin, with five ending 1-0.
- Intriguingly, nine of mid-table Luton’s 13 Championship away wins/losses have come with a 1-0 scoreline including the last four in a row (W2, L2).
- Luton are mid-table and struggling for consistency this calendar year (W2, D1, L4) with each game producing under 2.5 total goals. Four of those six games won/lost saw a 1-0 scoreline, further emphasising the need to score first. Indeed, Luton have lost 12 of 13 Championship games (D1, L12) when they’ve failed to do so.
- On that note, Luton have scored the fewest away Championship goals (seven), with five of those coming in 1-0 wins. Crucially, Luton have conceded the match opener in eight Championship away games, going to lose each time. They are also winless at this venue since a 3-1 victory in December 2000.
- Players to watch: In-form Steven Fletcher has scored three of Stoke’s last four Championship goals, including their latest match winner. Meanwhile, James Collins remains Luton’s lucky charm, with the side remaining unbeaten in his five Championship scoring games (W4, D1).
- Hot stat: More than half (17) of Stoke’s 33 Championship ‘goals against’ have arrived beyond the 70th minute.
|Head-to-head matches: STOKE – LUTON|
|17.10.20||CHA||Luton||Stoke||0 : 2|
|29.02.20||CHA||Luton||Stoke||1 : 1|
|10.12.19||CHA||Stoke||Luton||3 : 0|
|25.08.15||EFL||Luton||Stoke||1 : 2 (1 : 1)|
|17.02.07||CHA||Stoke||Luton||0 : 0|
ENGLAND: Championship – Round 31
Stoke – Luton
Kick-off: February 20, 16:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals