Stoke – Reading Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 06.02.2021
⚽ Stoke – Reading Predictions
Stoke – Reading Tips and Odds. February 6, 16:00 ENGLAND: Championship – Round 28.
Stoke – Reading Preview
- Stoke City are struggling to revive their Championship promotion push having won none of their last seven league fixtures (D5, L2). They start the matchday four points adrift of the side occupying the final playoff place but can take confidence from a lengthy unbeaten run in this H2H (W2, D6 – in all competitions) – the side scoring first during that sequence always went unbeaten.
- With that in mind, continuing to start well at home could see the ‘Potters’ extend that H2H record. Yet to concede here in the league before the 15th minute, they’ve claimed a HT lead in seven (53.85%) of 13 such home games this term. Furthermore, when scoring first here, they’ve only lost one Championship game this season (W4, D1).
- Meanwhile, Reading firmed up their playoff position with a 3-1 win over Bournemouth (Jan 29) – their sixth consecutive league game unbeaten (W4, D2). There’s potential for entertainment here as ahead of the round only Brentford’s league fixtures have featured a higher goals per game average than Reading’s 2.65.
- On the road, the ‘Royals’ have shown impressive battling qualities by rescuing five points after conceding first this term (W1, D2, L2) and they’ve done so with discipline – only three sides have earned a lower average of yellow cards per away game than their 1.15. By contrast, Stoke have collected an average of 1.69 per home match!
- Players to watch: Steven Fletcher has netted in Stoke’s last two matches and only one of his six league goals this term came later than the 50th minute. He’s also scored three times in nine competitive games against Reading, for whom Lucas João has bagged four goals in as many league games since the turn of the year.
- Hot stat: Ahead of the round, no Championship team has won more away league matches entered as outsiders than Reading this term (W5, D4, L2).
|Head-to-head matches: STOKE – READING|
|07.11.20||CHA||Reading||Stoke||0 : 3|
|20.06.20||CHA||Reading||Stoke||1 : 1|
|14.12.19||CHA||Stoke||Reading||0 : 0|
|16.03.19||CHA||Stoke||Reading||0 : 0|
|01.12.18||CHA||Reading||Stoke||2 : 2|
ENGLAND: Championship – Round 28
Stoke – Reading
Kick-off: February 6, 16:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals