Strasbourg – Lyon Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 28.04.2023
⚽ Strasbourg – Lyon Predictions
Strasbourg – Lyon Predictions and Tips and Odds for April 28, 20:00 LIGUE 1.
Strasbourg – Lyon Preview
- “We have to do it again the next six games,” said coach Frédéric Antonetti after Strasbourg’s 2-0 win at Reims last weekend made it consecutive victories for the first time this Ligue 1 campaign, meaning they find themselves out of the four-team relegation zone on goal difference. Another quick start could be the route to a first run of three league wins since January 2022 over two years, considering all their seven wins so far have seen them enjoy a half-time lead!
- Travelling teams have struggled to deal with Strasbourg’s tempo at Stade de la Meinau since early February, with Le Racing claiming all of their four home league wins in 2022/23 across their previous five outings here (L1). All those victories may have come against current bottom-half teams, but a 2-1 win away at Lyon in mid-January should prove that another positive result is anything but impossible.
- Visiting Lyon were on the cusp of extending their unbeaten run to eight league games on Sunday, but a last-minute own goal saw them slump to a 2-1 home loss against Marseille, a defeat that certainly did not please their new American owner John Textor who was present in the stadium. That loss dented Lyon’s European aspirations, with a six-point gap to fifth-placed Lille at the end of last round looking increasingly difficult to overturn.
- Les Gones have enjoyed their recent league trips at least, suffering only one loss across their previous nine away matches (W6, D2), a run that includes a 1-0 win at league-leaders PSG earlier this month. The omens look good for Lyon on the H2H front as well, squaring off against a Strasbourg side they’ve beaten in eight of the last 11 H2Hs held here (D2, L1).
- Players to watch: Habib Diallo scored the third fastest goal in Ligue 1 this season when striking after only 16 seconds against Reims, contributing to his ten first-half goals so far. For Lyon, Bradley Barcola will be looking to continue a trend that has seen him score four of his five league goals on the road.
- Hot streak: The previous eight H2Hs held here have seen the opening goal arrive before the half-hour mark.
FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 33
Strasbourg – Lyon
Kick-off: April 28, 20:00
Prediction: Under 3.5 Goals
Odds: [email protected]
✅ BUY BWIN PREDICTIONS NOW!
📊 OUR ARCHIVE TIPS HERE