Swansea – Birmingham Prediction, Odds and Betting Tips – 19.09.2020
⚽ Swansea – Birmingham Prediction
Swansea – Birmingham Tips and Odds. September 19, 15:00 ENGLAND: Championship – Round 2.
Swansea – Birmingham Preview
- Swansea City will be keen to build on their 1-0 win at Preston in their league opener by recreating last season’s high-scoring Championship double over Birmingham City, in which the ‘Swans’ netted exactly three goals in both games (W2).
- The last three league meetings between these sides at the Liberty Stadium have produced an average of 4.67 goals per game, although only one ended in a win for the hosts (W1, D1, L1). However since their relegation from the Premier League, Swansea have won their opening home league game in the following two seasons, winning by a one-goal margin each time.
- Birmingham’s 1-0 win in their league opener would have been a sigh of relief for the ‘Blues’ after they finished last season on a 14-game winless Championship streak (D7, L7). Like that recent victory, since the start of last season 11 of Birmingham’s 13 league wins have come by a one-goal margin.
- Notably, the visitors conceded 22 of their 33 away league goals last term in the second half, with 16 of those shipped goals arriving after the 60th minute. Subsequently, Birmingham witnessed a goalless first half in 47.83% of their Championship road trips last term. A low-scoring game could be possible again here, as Birmingham’s last three first away games of a new Championship campaign ended via a 1-0 scoreline (W1, L2), albeit only one was goalless at HT.
- Players to watch: Swansea’s André Ayew has never lost a Championship game against Birmingham (W2). Seven of his last 16 league goals have been match openers.
- Birmingham forward Lukas Jutkiewicz has one Championship goal versus Swansea. Nine of his last 14 Championship goals have been headers.
- Hot streak: Swansea were leading or drawing at HT in 20 of their last 24 Championship home fixtures (HT: W6, D14, L4).
|Head-to-head matches: SWANSEA – BIRMINGHAM|
|08.07.20||CHA||Birmingham||Swansea||1 : 3|
|25.08.19||CHA||Swansea||Birmingham||3 : 0|
|29.01.19||CHA||Swansea||Birmingham||3 : 3|
|17.08.18||CHA||Birmingham||Swansea||0 : 0|
|29.07.17||CF||Birmingham||Swansea||0 : 2|
ENGLAND: Championship – Round 2
Swansea – Birmingham
Kick-off: September 19, 15:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals