Swansea – Cardif Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 23.10.2022
⚽ Swansea – Cardif Predictions
Swansea – Cardif Predictions and Tips and Odds for October 23, 12:00 CHAMPIONSHIP.
Swansea – Cardif Preview
- A fixture that has been described as one of the fiercest rivalries in British football rears its head for the 73rd edition as Swansea welcome Cardiff for the first South Wales Derby of the season. It’s the promotion-chasing Swans that have enjoyed a real period of dominance in this fixture since the November 1997 edition (W10, D4, L4) and should come into this clash on cloud nine after coming from two goals behind to beat Reading 3-2 in midweek.
- Swansea boss Russell Martin praised the “guts and courage” that his side showed to overcome a two goal deficit to win for the first time since returning to the second-tier. That performance served to keep Swansea’s scintillating scoring form alive at the Liberty Stadium too, as they’ve now scored eight goals across their last three home games (W3), which is as many as they hit in their nine home outings prior!
- After a promising start as Cardiff’s interim boss (W2, D1), the honeymoon period with Mark Hudson appears to be over and concerns are rising following two defeats and a three-hour run without scoring ahead of this fierce derby. Hudson blamed their 3-0 defeat on a penalty and red card for Jack Simpson last time out, admitting he was left “fuming” and perhaps there is something in it as QPR boss Mick Beale also said the decision was unfair.
- In any case, Cardiff enter this round looking over their shoulder a little with just a four-point cushion to the drop zone, and with the points staying here in Swansea in four of their previous six visits (W2, L4), their hopeful rise up the table could hit another bump in the road. Fixing a misfiring attack will perhaps be key to upsetting the odds and claiming local bragging rights, as Cardiff have failed to score in five of their last seven away games (W2, D1, L4).
- Players to watch: Swansea are still without their suspended top-scorer Joël Piroe, so Michael Obafemi may step up to the plate after scoring in both halves of the last H2H. As for Cardiff, Callum O’Dowda has contributed to five of their 12 Championship goals this season (G2, A3) and scored against Swansea last season, albeit whilst playing for Bristol City!
- Hot streak: None of the last ten South Wales Derbies saw both teams score, that’s the longest streak in this fixture’s 93-year history.
ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 17
Swansea – Cardiff
Kick-off: October 23, 12:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals