Swansea – Cardiff Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 20.03.2021
⚽ Swansea – Cardiff Predictions
Swansea – Cardiff Tips and Odds. March 20, 18:30 ENGLAND: Championship – Round 38.
Swansea – Cardiff Preview
- This South Wales derby may be one of the most significant in recent times for Swansea who sit three points off the automatic promotion spots – but have a game in hand – after picking up ten of the last 15 available points on the back of a 3-0 loss midweek. However, with one or neither team scoring for seven straight H2Hs (SWA: W4, D1, L2), it may be a case of who scores first wins.
- That would suit Swansea who have scored first for five straight home league matches, and haven’t conceded a first-half goal for six Championship home games at the Liberty Stadium. They’ve therefore kept a tight ship this season, registering a league-high 11 shutouts from 18 home games, putting them in good stead for a third straight H2H win ‘to nil’ here!
- Cardiff City have their own ambitions, and just one loss across their last 13 matches has bolstered their playoff chances. They make this 42-mile trip once more, but need to address the fact they’ve scored just one goal across their last three matches (D2, L1). Furthermore, the ‘Bluebirds’ fly here with hopes of ending a four-game H2H goalless glut (D1, L3), but have also failed to score in nine Championship outings this season.
- They are unbeaten in seven straight away league fixtures though (W4, D3), after netting exactly two goals in five, whilst registering a shutout in three. Also adding to the importance of scoring first in this derby is the fact Cardiff haven’t lost a league game when netting the opener on the road this term (W7, D1) and equally, haven’t lost away when leading at HT (W5, D1).
- Players to watch: André Ayew has five goals from his last six appearances, three arriving as Swansea’s first goalscorer. However, Cardiff’s 16-goal Kieffer Moore has netted nine of his league goals during the first half, and also has one career H2H first-half strike.
- Hot stat: Only three of Swansea’s last ten games featured more cards than goals.
|Head-to-head matches: SWANSEA – CARDIFF|
|12.12.20||CHA||Cardiff||Swansea||0 : 2|
|12.01.20||CHA||Cardiff||Swansea||0 : 0|
|27.10.19||CHA||Swansea||Cardiff||1 : 0|
|08.02.14||PL||Swansea||Cardiff||3 : 0|
|03.11.13||PL||Cardiff||Swansea||1 : 0|
ENGLAND: Championship – Round 38
Swansea – Cardiff
Kick-off: March 20, 18:30
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals