Swansea – Luton Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 05.12.2020
⚽ Swansea – Luton Predictions
Swansea – Luton Tips and Odds. December 5, 16:00 ENGLAND: Championship – Round 16.
Swansea – Luton Preview
- A 2-1 defeat last time around marked just the second loss for Swansea in their last ten Championship matches (W4, D4, L2). It also marked the seventh occasion of Swansea’s ten Championship games won/lost to have come via a single-goal margin.
- Such tight margins amplify the importance of scoring first, which has landed Swansea seven wins out of eight applicable Championship games. Low-scoring is a regular theme, with 12 of Swansea’s 15 Championship matches producing under 2.5 total goals, whilst seven have ended with exactly two goals.
- Swansea have lost at home just once this Championship campaign (W4, D2, L1) scoring first in each win and collecting four clean sheets. Low-scoring remains a strong theme, as eight of Swansea’s last ten Championship home halves have witnessed a 1-0 scoreline.
- Poetically, two-thirds of Luton’s Championship matches have seen at least one half producing a 1-0 scoreline. Luton have also drawn in four of their last eight Championship matches (W2, D4, L2) each time with a final result of 1-1.
- Despite being tough to beat lately, Luton are still wary of conceding first, having picked up just one point from six Championship matches in which they’ve done so (D1, L5). Furthermore, each of Luton’s three Championship away wins have come with a 1-0 scoreline, via a winning goal at or beyond the 70th minute.
- Players to watch: André Ayew has been Swansea’s first scorer with four of his five Championship strikes, thrice as their only scorer. Meanwhile, James Collins has scored Luton’s first goal in each of his three Championship scoring matches, twice in a 1-0 away win.
- Hot stat: The team scoring first has won six of Luton’s seven Championship away matches, each time with a clean sheet.
|Head-to-head matches: SWANSEA – LUTON|
|27.06.20||CHA||Swansea||Luton||0 : 1|
|21.12.19||CHA||Luton||Swansea||0 : 1|
|22.02.08||LO||Swansea||Luton||1 : 0|
|12.01.08||LO||Luton||Swansea||1 : 3|
|28.09.04||TRO||Swansea||Luton||2 : 0|