Sweden – Georgia Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 25.03.2021
⚽ Sweden – Georgia Predictions
Sweden – Georgia Tips and Odds. March 25, 20:45 EUROPE: World Cup – Qualification.
Sweden – Georgia Preview
- Sweden have lost six of their last eight matches (W2, L6) including getting relegated from the top tier of the UEFA Nations League, but haven’t lost the first match of a World Cup Qualifying (WCQ) campaign since 1953 (W9, D6). Additionally, they boast seven wins from their last 12 WCQ matches (W7, D2, L3), with six coming ‘to nil’ which bodes well for their chances in this first-ever H2H.
- Their record at home in WCQs is even more impressive as Sweden have won their last five such games here with four accompanied by a clean sheet, while they’ve lost just two of their last 14 WCQ home matches (W10, D2, L2) overall. For all their recent troubles, Sweden have lost just two of their last ten home matches (W5, D3, L2), with both those defeats coming against top-five ranked FIFA nations.
- Losing play-off finalists in the European qualifiers, Georgia have been stubborn opponents recently and have avoided defeat in six of their last eight matches (W2, D4, L2). With each of the four win/loss results in that sequence coming via a single-goal margin and the winner scoring first, expect another tight encounter from the ‘Crusaders’.
- Success hasn’t come easy though for Georgia, who haven’t won an away WCQ game since August 2005 (D4, L12 hence), although half the losses were by a narrow one-goal margin. The visitors do have recent away pedigree though, remaining unbeaten in three competitive road trips (W1, D2) and scoring first in two of those games, albeit each to teams outside FIFA’s top 50.
- Players to watch: Zlatan Ibrahimović returns after a four-year absence and his last two WCQ group stage home games saw him score three and assist one of Sweden’s four strikes. Georgia will look for an inspirational performance from Tornike Okriashvili who scored the winner when they last won a WCQ game, albeit a long time ago.
- Hot stat: Georgia haven’t won a WCQ match since September 2012 (D7, L10 hence), although six losses have come via a one-goal margin.
EUROPE: World Cup – Qualification
Sweden – Georgia
Kick-off: March 23, 20:45
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals