United Arab Emirates – Australia Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 07.06.2022
⚽ United Arab Emirates – Australia Predictions
United Arab Emirates – Australia Tips and Odds for June 7, 19:00 WORLD CUP – QUALIFICATION.
United Arab Emirates – Australia Preview
- In pursuing their first World Cup finals appearance since 1990, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) have taken their biggest stride towards a place at football’s showpiece event in two decades. Having reached the AFC playoff for the first time since 2001 (L 4-0 vs Iran), the UAE face Australia in a single-leg showdown in Doha, Qatar, backed by the boisterous presence of at least 5000 compatriots.
- In their third World Cup Qualification (WCQ) match under new manager Rodolfo Arruabarrena, the UAE will be determined to build upon consecutive Asian Cup semi-final appearances (2015 & 2019). Underdogs here, the UAE have already caused one upset under Arruabarrena’s stewardship, defeating South Korea 1-0 at home to advance to this round. The UAE’s shock defeat of Australia in the 2019 Asian Cup quarter-finals (1-0) should also serve as additional inspiration.
- Australia are no strangers to this qualification path, having entered five intercontinental playoffs since 1990, most recently conquering Syria and Honduras to reach the 2018 World Cup. The Socceroos have also developed an intimate familiarity with the uncomfortable conditions presented by Doha’s climate, with Australian COVID restrictions meaning two-thirds of their matches since 2021 took place in the Middle East.
- With the Australian squad already assembled in Doha, the withdrawal of attacking midfielder Tom Rogic, who cited personal reasons for his departure, serves as a blow. His presence was sorely missed in their previous international, when manager Graham Arnold deployed an unfamiliar 4-4-2 formation in WCQ losses to Japan (0-2) and Saudi Arabia (0-1). A comeback friendly victory over Jordan (2-1) in their last outing does, however, show Australia will be up for the fight.
- Players to watch: Ali Mabkhout has scored in all but one of his last five appearances for club or country and is one of two players to open the scoring in the UAE’s last ten internationals. Meanwhile, Jamie Maclaren is the only Australian to score in two internationals in 2022 and he finished his club season with goals in four of his last eight games.
- Hot stat: The pre-match favourite has remained unbeaten in Australia’s 20 matches since the previous H2H (W17, D3).
WORLD CUP – QUALIFICATION – FOURTH STAGE – FINAL
United Arab Emirates – Australia
Kick-off: June 7, 19:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals
Odds: [email protected]
✅ BUY BWIN PREDICTIONS NOW!
📊 OUR ARCHIVE TIPS HERE