Wales – Ukraine Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 05.06.2022
⚽ Wales – Ukraine Predictions
Wales – Ukraine Tips and Odds for June 4, 17:00 WORLD CUP – QUALIFICATION.
Wales – Ukraine Preview
- It all comes down to this for Wales and Ukraine who will battle it out for Europe’s 13th and final spot at this year’s World Cup in Qatar. The Welsh may feel it was unfortunate that it came down to the playoffs after losing just one of their eight qualifying group matches (W4, D3), but they managed to overcome Austria in their playoff semi-final to secure a crucial 2-1 home win, and are now just one more victory away from a first appearance at a World Cup finals since 1958.
- A strong attacking performance should be enough to see Wales over the line as their defensive displays at home have been more than admiral in recent years. Only Denmark have managed to score more than a single goal past them across their last 20 home matches (W12, D7, L1), although the Dragons haven’t managed more than a single goal themselves in each of the last three H2Hs, none of which they managed to win (D2, L1).
- Too many draws cost Ukraine in qualifying (W2, D6), although finishing second in a group containing France is an about par achievement. Despite fears around match fitness, an outstanding 3-1 win over Scotland on Wednesday booked their place in this playoff final, and ahead of what is sure to be an emotional occasion for a nation coping with war back home, star midfielder Oleksandr Zinchenko has issued a rally cry to his teammates stating “every one of us has to give the best performance of our lives”.
- The last side to overcome Ukraine was Wales’ neighbours England back in July of last year, and since then Oleksandr Petrakov’s men have avoided defeat in eight straight internationals (W3, D5). They only managed one clean sheet during that run though, but scoring 2+ goals in their last two matches (W2) – both of which came on the road – should give the Ukrainians confidence that they’ll have enough to win and make a first appearance since 2006 at international football’s showpiece event.
- Players to watch: Set to become a free agent, Gareth Bale will be out to impress potential suitors and build upon his brace in Wales’ last World Cup qualifying fixture. Meanwhile opponent Artem Dovbyk has scored after the 75th minute in Ukraine’s last two international appearances.
- Hot stat: There’s been exactly two first-half match goals in three of Wales’ last four home matches.
WORLD CUP – QUALIFICATION – PROMOTION – FINAL
Wales – Ukraine
Kick-off: June 5, 17:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals