Watford – Bristol City Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 13.02.2021
⚽ Watford – Bristol City Predictions
Watford – Bristol City Tips and Odds. February 13, 16:00 ENGLAND: Championship – Round 29.
Watford – Bristol City Preview
- Three games without a win (D2, L1) has dented Watford’s automatic promotion push, and considering they’ve failed to score in the previous two Championship H2Hs (D1, L1), the ‘Hornets’ are at risk of going four winless in the Championship for the first time since November 2014. What could save them, however, is their league-best home form (W10, D2, L2).
- Watford’s league-high ten home wins have been built on solid first-half performances that’s ensured they’ve trailed at the break just once (HT: W8, D5, L1). Their attack has hummed upfront scoring a huge majority of their league goals at home (77.42%), and netted in all but one match here.
- Bristol aren’t far off the playoff place but they must get back to winning ways and end their three-game losing Championship run. A joint league-low three draws this Championship campaign ahead of the round (W12, D3, L13) certainly indicates one team will finish this game victorious, but with 12 of their games level at the break (HT: W6, D12, L10), it may be the second half that decides this clash.
- However a home win does look likely considering Bristol bring a six-game losing Championship away streak to Vicarage Road, which puts them on the verge of seven defeats in a row at this level for the first time since 1998 – curiously, the seventh loss during that run was to none-other than Watford! Scoring first could be the route away from that fate, as the ‘Robins’ have won three of four Championship road trips this term when netting the opener (L1).
- Players to watch: Troy Deeney has opened the scoring via a penalty in three of Watford’s last five matches. Meanwhile, Nahki Wells has scored five of his six league goals on the road – three as Bristol’s first goalscorer.
- Hot stat: Watford’s last four Championship home wins came ‘to nil’, as did their last five competitive H2H home victories.
|Head-to-head matches: WATFORD – BRISTOL CITY|
|25.11.20||CHA||Bristol City||Watford||0 : 0|
|06.01.18||FAC||Watford||Bristol City||3 : 0|
|22.08.17||EFL||Watford||Bristol City||2 : 3|
|14.01.14||FAC||Watford||Bristol City||2 : 0|
|04.01.14||FAC||Bristol City||Watford||1 : 1|
ENGLAND: Championship – Round 29
Watford – Bristol City
Kick-off: February 13, 16:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals