Watford – Preston Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 28.11.2020
⚽ Watford – Preston Predictions
Watford – Preston Tips and Odds. November 28, 16:00 ENGLAND: Championship – Round 14.
Watford – Preston Preview
- Beaten just once across their last nine matches (W4, D4), Watford have drawn two games on the bounce and will want to get back to winning ways here with the top-two within their reach. Having not played Preston North End for nearly ten years in league competition, the ‘Hornets’ could be in uncharted waters here, especially considering they’ve lost each of their last four matchday 14 fixtures.
- However they haven’t lost a home match this season (W5, D1) and have scored first in five such games, leading at HT in four (FT: W3, D1). Furthermore, although they’ve bagged over 2.5 goals in three of their last four home games, Watford have drawn at HT for two home matches running, finishing off their opponents with two goals after the 60th minute in two consecutive home outings.
- Preston continued their sketchy form as they conceded in both halves in a 3-0 loss in midweek. Interestingly, the ‘Lilywhites’ have drawn just one league match this term, but have seen HT stalemates in seven of their 13 Championship fixtures (FT: W2, L5), and as such, have scored 75.0% of their 16 goals during the second half.
- Although losing last time away for the first time in all competitions this term (W5, D1), Preston have the away form to trouble their hosts after scoring an average of 2.29 goals per competitive away game. Moreover, having netted first in just three league awaydays, 64.29% of Preston’s away league goals have arrived between the 45th and 75th minute, wherein they’ve conceded just once.
- Players to watch: Watford’s João Pedro has four league goals this term with three coming as first goalscorer. Meanwhile, Preston’s five-goal Scott Sinclair has one career goal against the hosts, and his H2H experience may pay dividends (W3, D1, L3).
- Hot stat: Will both teams score here? Watford have kept just five league shutouts this term, whereas Preston have just three.
|Head-to-head matches: WATFORD – PRESTON|
|25.08.15||EFL||Preston||Watford||1 : 0|
|07.05.11||CHA||Preston||Watford||3 : 1|
|15.02.11||CHA||Watford||Preston||2 : 2|
|03.04.10||CHA||Preston||Watford||1 : 1|
|07.11.09||CHA||Watford||Preston||2 : 0|