Werder Bremen – Heidenheim Prediction, Odds and Betting Tips – 02.07.2020
⚽ Werder Bremen – Heidenheim Prediction
Werder Bremen – Heidenheim Tips and Odds. July 2, 19:30 GERMANY: Bundesliga – Relegation – Play Offs – Final.
Werder Bremen – Heidenheim Preview
- Werder Bremen’s first Bundesliga (BL1) relegation since 1979/80 can be saved with a two-legged play-off against Heidenheim, who are pursuing top-flight football for the first time after their best Bundesliga 2 (BL2) finish.
- The hosts succumbed to the second-poorest win rate in the BL1 as a favourite at home (22.22%: W2, D2, L5), even losing at home to the relegated Düsseldorf and Paderborn. A final day thumping of Cologne snapped a run of four scoreless BL1 efforts at home, but Bremen finished the season with a league-worst average of just 0.88 goals per BL1 home fixture.
- Notably, Heidenheim shipped four first-half goals in an October 2019 DFB-Pokal visit to Bremen in a 4-1 defeat. What’s more, Heidenheim were shut out in five of eight trips to clubs in the top half of the BL2 (W1, D2, L5), whilst finishing the season with a six-game winless run away from home (D2, L4).
- Such away form ought to be of concern for Heidenheim, particularly as they managed a solitary goal across those aforementioned six away fixtures, whilst three of the four defeats also saw them suffer margins of two or more goals. They’re unlikely to make an early impact, having opened the scoring only three times across their 17 BL2 away fixtures!
- Players to watch: Milot Rashica opened the scoring for Bremen on five occasions in their BL1 campaign as well as in their cup defeat of Heidenheim.
- Stefan Schimmer was Heidenheim’s only multiple goalscorer in their BL2 travelling campaign, with goals in three of his last six BL2 starts at all venues.
- Stat attack: A BL2 challenger has not won their away leg of a relegation play-off tie since 2011/12 (D4, L3).
- Both teams have scored in six of the last eight relegation playoff legs hosted by the BL1 team.
- Five of Bremen’s last seven BL1 home fixtures saw four or fewer total cards awarded (average 3.29 per game).
|Head-to-head matches: WERDER BREMEN – HEIDENHEIM|
|30.10.19||POK||Werder Bremen||Heidenheim||4 : 1|
|30.07.11||POK||Heidenheim||Werder Bremen||2 : 1|