West Brom – Derby Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 13.09.2021
⚽ West Brom – Derby Predictions
West Brom – Derby Tips and Odds. September 14, 20:00 ENGLAND: Championship – Round 7.
West Brom – Derby Preview
- Whilst promotion hopefuls West Bromwich Albion were left to rue a missed penalty as they drew with Millwall last time out, that point saw them move top of the table due to Fulham’s defeat. Even though manager Valérien Ismaël demands a more ‘ruthless’ approach, he can’t be too dissatisfied with West Brom’s best ever six-game Championship start (W4, D2).
- That unbeaten start is more than likely to continue here against Derby County, a side that West Brom are unbeaten against in six of the last seven home league H2Hs (W4, D2, L1). Ismaël relishes the sight of the ‘Rams’ too, having earned two clean sheets against Derby as Barnsley manager last season (W1, D1).
- Although Derby were touted as pre-season relegation favourites by many pundits and sportsbooks, they recorded only their second league defeat of the season last time out (W1, D3, L2). Don’t expect entertainment when Wayne Rooney’s men take to the pitch though, as their Championship games have produced a league-low 1.67 goals per match on average.
- A second league victory is highly unlikely here, given both Derby’s woeful recent eight-game away record in the league (W1, L7) and the fact they conceded at least twice in six of their last seven league trips. Despite this, Derby have amazingly managed to avoid defeat in two of their last three away league games vs newly-relegated opponents (W1, D1, L1).
- Players to watch: West Brom’s Karlan Grant may have some competition for penalty-taking duties after failing to score his last two spot kicks. No Derby player has scored more than once so far this season, but Tom Lawrence netted in one of his last two games since returning from injury.
- Hot stat: Derby are the joint-worst disciplined Championship side so far in terms of total cards (2.83 per match on average).
ENGLAND: Championship – Round 7
West Brom – Derby
Kick-off: September 13, 20:00
Prediction: Over 2.5 Goals