Wycombe – Reading Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 23.02.2021
⚽ Wycombe – Reading Predictions
Wycombe – Reading Tips and Odds. February 23, 20:45 ENGLAND: Championship – Round 32.
Wycombe – Reading Preview
- Wycombe Wanderers may be relegation-bound, but the ‘Chairboys’ are showing some spirit having overcome their underdog status to claim points from two of their last three league matches (W1, D1, L1). However, they conceded first in both of those games to see goals, and have done likewise in a league-high 22 games this campaign, winning just two after doing so (D4, L16).
- Winning the joint-fewest home league matches (W2, D5, L8), Wycombe could be in trouble here as they’ve conceded an average of 1.27 goals per-game here this term, shipping four opening league goals within the first-half insofar. Failing to score in seven of 15 (46.67%) home league matches, it’s vital that Wycombe improve on this stat here if they are to pick up some points, or at the very least, prove competitive.
- However, having won just one of their last five league matches, Reading are slowly slipping from their play-off berth and need a win here to fend off the flock. Scoring first in three of such five matches, the ‘Royals’ have conceded equalisers in two of such matches, yet on the flip side, Reading have netted 20 lead-taking goals in the league this season.
- Losing just two of their last ten league away matches (W3, D5, L2), Reading are favourites here and could win ‘to-nil’ for successive away games after keeping three straight shutouts on the road. Yet they will be cautious as both teams have scored in eight of their 15 (53.33%) league away matches, as did both sides net in their 2019 EFL Cup H2H here.
- Players to watch: Wycombe’s three-goal Uche Ikpeazu scored an own goal and then an equaliser two games ago and is possibly his side’s most likely goal source. Reading’s 17-goal Lucas João meanwhile, will fancy his chances after scoring in five of his last nine appearances whilst netting a second-half winner in the reverse.
- Hot stat: With Wycombe conceding ten league goals in the 31st-45th minute period this term, goals may well fly in as Reading have bagged a whopping 11 league goals during this same period.
|Head-to-head matches: WYCOMBE – READING|
|20.10.20||CHA||Reading||Wycombe||1 : 0|
|13.08.19||EFL||Wycombe||Reading||1 : 2 (1 : 1)|
|26.07.14||CF||Wycombe||Reading||0 : 2|
|13.07.13||CF||Wycombe||Reading||1 : 3|
|26.02.02||LO||Wycombe||Reading||0 : 2|
ENGLAND: Championship – Round 32
Wycombe – Reading
Kick-off: February 21, 20:45
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals