Wycombe – Sheffield Wed Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 31.10.2020
⚽ Wycombe – Sheffield Wed Predictions
Wycombe – Sheffield Wed Tips and Odds. October 31, 16:00 ENGLAND: Championship – Round 9.
Wycombe – Sheffield Wed Preview
- Wycombe Wanderers are the only Championship team yet to register a league victory this season (D1, L7). They fight with honour regardless, as only Brentford have received fewer than their average of one yellow card per league game this season, and interestingly, only one of their last five Championship matches has had the same HT/FT outcome.
- Three of Wycombe’s four home league games this term have featured under 2.5 goals, and they lament the league’s joint second-worst record as hosts (D1, L3). Just one first-half goal at home is worrisome, as is a relatively low return of 3.38 corners per game across all venues thus far.
- In fact, these two sides have earned an average of just 3.25 corners per game between them this term. This partially explains why Sheffield Wednesday are in poor form themselves, losing their last three league matches. They are yet to score after the 60th minute in the league this season, and have received an equal league-high two red cards.
- Having not drawn a Championship away game in nine attempts (W4, L5), all four such matches this term have been either won or lost ‘to nil’, with the scoring completed in one half. Furthermore, each of Sheff Wed’s last 18 Championship away fixtures (W7, D3, L8) have produced a different result from the one preceding it.
- Players to watch: By netting twice, Scott Kashket is responsible for 66.67% of Wycombe’s league goals this season. His last four competitive strikes have come before the 15th minute, maintaining scant hopes of a quick start.
- Barry Bannan scored Sheffield Wednesday’s most recent league away goal and four of his last five strikes were his side’s opening goal of the game.
- Hot stat: Is there still hope? Between 2016 and 2019, only three (25%) of the 12 teams finding themselves in the bottom three after eight Championship rounds went on to be relegated.
|Head-to-head matches: WYCOMBE – SHEFFIELD WED|
|05.05.12||LO||Sheffield Wed||Wycombe||2 : 0|
|29.10.11||LO||Wycombe||Sheffield Wed||1 : 2|
|30.01.04||LO||Sheffield Wed||Wycombe||1 : 1|
|01.09.03||LO||Wycombe||Sheffield Wed||1 : 2|
ENGLAND: Championship – Round 9
Wycombe – Sheffield Wed
Kick-off: October 31, 16:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals