Wycombe – Stoke Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 02.12.2020
⚽ Wycombe – Stoke Predictions
Wycombe – Stoke Tips and Odds. December 2, 20:45 ENGLAND: Championship – Round 15.
Wycombe – Stoke Preview
- After seven straight defeats at the beginning of the season, Wycombe Wanderers have lost just one of their previous seven Championship matches (W2, D4, L1). Despite their improving form, only three sides lament a higher ‘goals against’ average than Wycombe’s (1.43 per game).
- Just one of Wycombe’s league wins has come at home this season (W1, D3, L3). Yet, despite that underwhelming record, they have trailed at half-time in just one of their home league matches (HT: W2, D4, L1). However, a return of just three goals scored across that sequence will be a concern for manager Gareth Ainsworth.
- Albeit in lower tiers, Wycombe have interestingly led or trailed by a one-goal margin at HT in each of their last four ‘matchday 15’ league fixtures (HT: W2, L2). The HT leader on the day has gone on to avoid defeat (W2, D2), keeping a clean sheet in both of the victories.
- Stoke City have been one of the league’s entertainers so far, with their goal average of 1.5 being bettered by only three sides. Furthermore, they’ve lost only two of their league matches on the road, while also scoring before the 30th minute in two of their previous three such matches.
- The ‘Potters’ also scored before the 30th minute in all three away matches vs newly-promoted sides last season. However, they won just one of those games (W1, D1, L1). Set pieces might contribute to a negative result against the newcomers, as Stoke have conceded the joint-highest average number of corners in away matches – 6.86 per game.
- Players to watch: Wycombe’s Scott Kashket is his side’s top scorer with a modest tally of three. Two of those strikes came before the break.
- Stoke’s Steven Fletcher has scored a goal in three of his previous four away league appearances. Two of those efforts arrived before half-time.
- Hot stat: Wycombe’s average of 14.7 shots conceded per match is a league-high ahead of this gameweek.
|Head-to-head matches: WYCOMBE – STOKE|
|09.03.02||LO||Wycombe||Stoke||1 : 0|
|15.12.01||LO||Stoke||Wycombe||5 : 1|
|13.03.01||LO||Wycombe||Stoke||0 : 1|
|12.08.00||LO||Stoke||Wycombe||0 : 0|
|18.03.00||LO||Stoke||Wycombe||1 : 1|
ENGLAND: Championship – Round 15
Wycombe – Stoke
Kick-off: December 2, 20:45
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals