Young Boys – CFR Cluj Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 10.12.2020
⚽ Young Boys – CFR Cluj Predictions
Young Boys – CFR Cluj Tips and Odds. December 10, 18:55 Europa League – Group Stage – Round 6.
Young Boys – CFR Cluj Preview
- Both Young Boys and CFR Cluj will regret not taking advantage in the reverse fixture (1-1) as their dreams of European springtime football now hang on this matchday six decider. The advantage sits heavily with the hosts who only need to avoid defeat to progress, and considering the 14-time Swiss champions have won 18 of their last 20 games at the Stadion Wankdorf (D1, L1), the odds look firmly stacked against Cluj.
- They’ve also won six of their previous ten European home games in Bern (W6, D2, L2), and netted three first-half goals in their last UEFA Europa League (UEL) outing here. In fact, Young Boys have scored the opening goal in their last five UEL home fixtures (W3, L2), and typically hit the net a few times when they win here, with nine of their last 11 UEL home victories coming despite a -1 handicap.
- Cluj must win to progress, but that seems like a tall order for a club that’s registered just two victories across their last nine competitive matches (W2, D2, L5), and one that’s failed to find the net in five of their previous seven. However their last four wins have all come on the road, so the six-time Romanian champions have been having more luck away than at home recently.
- However they’ve also failed to score in their last three UEL matches at all venues (D1, L2), and have lost ‘to nil’ in nine of their previous 15 UEL away games (W5, D1, L9) in a run of matches that never saw both teams score.
- Players to watch: Jean Pierre Nsame has scored in Young Boys’ last five fixtures, netting the opener in three. Meanwhile, Mario Rondón has scored the opener in both UEL fixtures he’s got on the scoresheet this season, including the reverse fixture.
- Hot stat: Eight of Cluj’s previous nine competitive away fixtures saw just one side score (W6, D1, L2).
|Head-to-head matches: YOUNG BOYS – CFR CLUJ|
|29.10.20||EL||CFR Cluj||Young Boys||1 : 1|
|25.01.13||CF||Young Boys||CFR Cluj||1 : 1|
Europa League – Group Stage – Round 6
Young Boys – CFR Cluj
Kick-off: December 10, 18:55
Prediction: Under 3.5 Goals